Looking for an green window that uses low impact materials and completely out-performs all other windows on the market? We have an area exclusive contract with the most energy efficient, environmentally friendly, strongest, and healthiest window on the market
Energy Efficiency 101 -> Category -> Windows
1. Air Infiltration Ratings from the AAMA. Our window leaks at a rate of .07 CFM (cubic feet per minute). What does that mean? Your standard windows that are Energy Star Rated leak at a rate of .30 CFM per minute. That means that your Standard Energy star window leaks an additional volume equal to 200 one gallon milk jugs a day. And if you have 15 windows in your home on average your air exchange from the outside coming in is equal to the volume of 3000 gallons per day. This study was done by the American Architectural Manufactures Association.
2. Metal Free Window Spacer. While other window manufactures look at different ways to make their metal spacer more energy efficient, our window has a metal free super spacer that not only dramatically reduces interior condensation, but also give additional thermal performance. The less metal in your window the lower your U-Factor, and the more energy efficient your window is.
3. Healthy Windows Reduce condensation and Mold. The primary condensation culprit is the spacer between your glass panes. Common spacers conduct heat and cold, causing condensation at the edge of the bottom of the glass. Only a warmer edge surrounding the glass will strike at the heart of the problem. Our window has the world’s only TrueWARM edge with its super spacer technology. Window condensation contributes to mold growth inside the window and wall openings and can lead to unsightly stained wood, peeling paint, and rotted frames. Mold has been linked to child asthma, general respiratory illness, allergies, and outbreaks of fungal diseases.
4. Insulated Frames for Energy Efficiency and a Quieter Window. Most all windows on the market now have some sort of upgrade to insulation. Our window comes standard with insulation in the frame. After all, why should that be an upgrade? Energy Star rated windows usually carry a R-3 value, while ours has a R-5 rating. This increases the energy efficiency of the window by 40% compared to the industry standard Energy Star Rated window. Our comfort foam fills the window frame giving it 500% more thermal efficiency that a non-insulated window. It also helps to reduce exterior noise from entering your home, making your home quieter.
5. Thermal Performance Performed by the NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council). Thermal performance is measured in U ratings and is considered a U-Factor test. The standard Energy Star window is rated at a .34 U factor. Our window is rated at a .18 U Factor. Making our thermal performance nearly double the standard rating for Energy Star.
6. Sill Performance. Sill performance is key in choosing a green-friendly window. After all, it is the sill that keeps water out and reduces the chances you will need to replace the window or surrounding. Our window is unique in that it has a Q-Lon Neoprene cushion-gasket beneath sash that straddles the raised sill rail when locked, providing a tight seal to reduce air and water infiltration.