Did you know that there is a direct correlation between your unusually high electricity bills and the windows of your home? There you go! We helped you identify the reason for the very unwanted but compulsory cash drain, didn’t we?
How are windows leading to spikes in electricity consumption?
Bloomington and the whole Minnesota area are rather infamous for their extreme winters and summers. The intensity of wind and the frequent temperature fluctuations wreak havoc on the internal structure of your windowpanes and frames.
This results in light to heavy drafts of air creeping in through the gaps between the walls and the frames as well as the frames and the panes – depending on where the damage shows itself. Your air-conditioners and internal heaters have to toil double the required amount to cool or heat the room. Obviously, your electricity meter goes into a tizzy!
Another effect of noticeable drafting is the kids and other family members falling sick due to the temperature difference near the windows and the other areas of the room.
It is therefore wise to address these problems in time by nipping them in the buds – call window replacement!
How does window replacement help?
Most traditional Minnesota homes have classy wooden windows. Owners are reluctant in replacing them citing emotional attachment to their heritage. These wooden windows require constant maintenance. Moreover, these are the primary culprits in your electricity and health bills because they experience wear and tear more than the other modern options of window replacement that are now available.
When you call for window replacement, the window consultant visits your home, identifies the problem windows and suggests whether a repair would fix the issue or you would need to replace the window.
The window consultant discusses the various sizes and styles available, the painting style that would look good with the color scheme of the exteriors, and the type of glass that would best suit your privacy, and energy consumption requirements. You are then ready to make a well-informed decision that will make your windows last longer in the face of weather changes and natural wear and tear.
Once every window in your home is renovated or replaced – you will see a clear drop in the electricity bills, which is definitely around 40-80% depending on the type of windows and the window replacement company that you choose. It will also ensure that your windows are serviced regularly, since with the installation – it becomes the window replacement company’s responsibility to arrange regular intermediate quality checks.
What is the average cost of window replacement?
It is almost impossible to answer what Window Replacement Costs Bloomington mn without knowing the background of your replacement needs. If a company is ready to answer it right away when you call, know that they are not quality professionals and will thrust their one-size-fits-all solutions on you.
Be assured that the window replacement costs Bloomington MN are never so high that you will need to think of home repair loans. The best way is to have the company arrange an at-home consultation so that the window consultant makes you answer the following queries –
(Please note that the below questions are not exhaustive and they may vary based on the condition of your windows and the location of your home.)
1. Do you prefer smaller size or wide windows? Would you like to keep the window sizes same as they are at present or do you want to make any changes? Do you want a retro or a modern look in the exteriors?
2. Is there a material that you prefer – vinyl, fiberglass, wood, aluminum clad, a composite or a mix?
3. What color style do you want – unfinished, primed, stained, painted, an upgraded vinyl color?
4. What level of energy efficiency do you want to achieve? Based on this, having air, argon or krypton in the glass will be suggested.
5. What kind of privacy requirements do you have? Would you like to have transparent, obscured or tinted glass?
Although wooden look vinyl windows are the rage in Bloomington MN area these days, you can choose your own tailor-made solution that is guaranteed to be the best price solution in the whole Minnesota region.
Call now, to schedule a FREE consultation!
To get some helpful tips on Window Repair Company Minneapolis, check over here.
Looking for a dependable residential roofing contractor? Checkout these articles:-
- Roofing Contractor Minneapolis MN
- Roofing Contractor Minneapolis
- Roofing Contractors Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Roofing
- Roof Replacement Contractor Minneapolis
- Commercial Roofing Contractors Minneapolis
- Minnesota Roofing Company
- Roofing Repair Minneapolis Mn
- Roofing Company Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Roofers
- Residential Roofing Minneapolis
- Replacement Windows Minneapolis Mn
- Window Installation Minneapolis Mn