When you begin to consider new siding for your Minnesota home, it can be a big process and decision! A home’s siding can make a huge difference in curb appeal and how you generally feel about your home’s appearance. As a homeowner, it feels great to give your home a new look, especially if you need to replace your siding! With all of the weather changes in Minnesota, siding can face more wear and tear than some other states and it is important to know when your home may need new siding. Read ahead for some situations in which the siding on your home may need to be replaced.
1) Minnesota storms can bring high winds and hail. These only mean trouble to your siding. The siding protects your home but when hail occurs, it can damage your siding and hamper its protective ability. It is very common for a home to need siding replacement after a hail storm. Snap Construction handles hundreds of insurance claims each year for storm damage and will be sure that your home and siding is properly taken care of. If your home experienced a strong storm and are not sure if hail damage occurred, we are more than willing to come out and provide a free inspection.
2) Outdated siding color can be another reason why a homeowner chooses to replace their siding. If you drive back to your home every day after work and feel like your siding stands out in a way that is not necessarily good, it may be time to consider new siding. If your siding is outdated, there may also be a possibility that it has experienced damage and may need replacement anyway.
3) Depending on the age of your siding, an upgrade to a more maintenance free option may be something to consider. Vinyl is a great option if you no longer want to paint and stain your siding over and over. The switch could save you tremendous work in the long run!
4) Some Minnesotans experience damage to their siding from insects and woodpeckers. Continued damage from these creatures can cause you to consider a different option that is less animal friendly. It will put your mind at ease to know that you do not have to worry about insects or woodpeckers attacking your siding.
5) A somewhat obvious factor could be when you notice that you are paying more for your heating and cooling. Many people immediately think of attic insulation but there is insulation in your walls as well. If that insulation needs to be replaced, maybe it is a good time to replace your siding. Snap Construction can help decide if this is an ideal option for you and your home. Snap also provides finance options if finances are a concern.
6) Loose or cracked siding is another area of concern. Some homes experience loose siding. If the areas are minimal, you may be able to only address those areas. However, if the loose siding has spread, considering a full replacement may be ideal. Loose siding will not be able to protect your home as effectively which is why it is important to address the situation when you first notice it. Cracked siding can allow water to reach the underlayment. This can cause a problem in the long run. The same situation goes for cracked siding. If the area is small, you may be able to address that area. The sooner it can be addressed, the better.
7) Rotting siding is a definite reason to replace your siding. Dry rot is very common and causes wood siding to disintegrate. The disintegration causes your siding to weaken. Siding in Minnesota needs to be strong enough to hold up to the different weather conditions.
8) If your siding is extremely faded, this is an indicator that the siding is nearing the end of its lifespan.
There are many other indicators that your Minneapolis siding may need to be replaced. If there is any reason that causes you to think that your siding needs replacement, Snap Construction can come out to your home to provide a free inspection and determine if any replacement is necessary.
This information is provided by Snap Construction, a full-service construction and remodeling company servicing the Twin Cities metro area in Minnesota. Call or text to schedule a free, no obligation appointment! 612-333-7627