EDUCATE YOURSELF! THE MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS TO KNOW IN RESIDENTIAL INSURANCE RESTORATION.
– Top 11 questions to ask before choosing your restoration contractor
– What makes a company an expert in storm restoration
– FAQ’s regarding the storm restoration process and what damage looks like
EMERGENCY? CALL 612-333-SNAP OR EMAIL [email protected] TO GET IMMEDIATE AND COMPLIMENTARY TARPING TO MINIMIZE POTENTIAL DAMAGE TO YOUR HOME. AVAILABLE 24 HOURS! AFTER HOURS PLEASE USE EMAIL FOR FASTEST SERVICE.
TOP 11 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE PICKING A STORM RESTORATION COMPANY!
1. Are they local and will they be there to service warranties down the road?
2. What is their rating with the BBB? We carry an A rating with the BBB.
3. What is their rating with Angieslist? We not only won their Customer Service Award, but we are also one of the highest rated contractors in the country.
4. Do they have a physical office? We have an office in all locations that we work.
5. Does the company use the latest education also used by the insurance companies? All of our staff is highly trained in both HAAG materials and our own custom materials.
6. Does the company have a craftsmanship warranty? Again, this warranty is only as good as the company’s history and ability to be around in the future.
7. Did they offer to pay your deductible? If they did, they are getting you involved in insurance fraud. If a company is doing this for you, you can bet they are doing it for many others. And the more a company does this the more likely they are to get caught and penalized for their insurance fraud. Instead of breaking the law, we have many legal ways to help supplement or offset your deductible.
8. Who are they insured through and for how much per incident? As our standard we carry 1 million dollars in liability per job. In cases where more is required we immediately update insurance for that project.
9. Are they certified installers of any company? We are certified installers of all the most popular products on the market.
10. Do they do more than just roofing? Most storm companies will only do your roof as it is easy and fast. We cover your entire claim to be sure your claim is accurate and fully fulfilled. What Damage Looks Like.
11. Do they have a facebook account? You will find a lot of “storm chasing” companies will stay off of facebook.com, google +, and Angieslist to keep their complaints and their company out of public scrutiny. All of these companies have the budget and time to set up social profiles. It’s their choice and strategy not to.
What makes a company an Expert in Storm Restoration? And what is the Snap difference?
Experts in Claim Servicing Insurance restoration claims can be complicated if not properly handled. We have in-house, salaried insurance restoration claims specialists that have previous claims experience on the insurance side. We are one of the few companies in the Midwest that have in-house experts to handle your claim from the beginning to the end. They are available to you throughout the day to answer any questions you may have, and will stay on your claim and your paperwork to be sure that it is being processed in a timely order. Our impeccable relationship with insurance providers has helped to make this process easy! Below is Jane Clark. She has successfully helped thousands of homeowners with their insurance restoration claims and is on a first name basis with most every claims specialist on the insurance side. Let our excellent relationships with all insurance companies work to your benefit.
Experts in Storm Forensics What is storm forensics and why it is important? Storm forensics is the study of damage and its causes. Some damage can be caused by poor installation or defective materials. We have individuals in-house that have graduated from the same schooling your adjusters have and know how to accurately spot and identify the causes of damage. We also have a continuing education program which ensures that Snap employees are on the cutting edge of all new related information. Our staff has helped thousands of people with advice on their claims. We have even helped many people who have been previously denied.
Our licensed contractor is a certified and trained member of HAAG Engineering. There are very few in our industry that take to this level of education. This is the same education insurance companies use to train their staff. This is what our contractor Dave Hoke uses to train our staff as well.
Experts in all Facets of Exterior Construction Not only are we experts in everything to do with Exterior Construction, we are also preferred contractors of almost every major brand. This means you will benefit from extended warranties not available through other companies. You will find that most storm companies will just look at the roof and move on. We often reopen claims for new customers to finish their claim on the windows, siding, and gutters that were initially overlooked when another company didn’t have the means or education to help them.
Insurance Relationship Experts Let’s face it, insurance companies will want to pay as little out of pocket as possible on your claim. The market is flooded with fly-by-night storm restoration companies claiming to be experts. In reality, they give the business a bad name by calling on your adjusters to look at damage that is not storm damage, harassing and pushing the adjuster to buy the roof, and not properly handling claims. We have weekly training on all of the above. Our company is well known with all insurance providers and we handle hundreds of claims every year. When an adjuster meets with professional from Snap Construction on site, they can trust that we will handle the claims process with courtesy, respect, and professionalism. They can also trust that Snap Construction will process the claim correctly the first time. Give yourself an edge by benefiting from our highly educated and successful staff.
Build Now. Pay Later. We are a highly liquid company that understands you don’t want to wait for your insurance check to be processed. We will start on your project immediately while you wait for your insurance proceeds. Best of all, you won’t incur any interest or financing charges.
FAQ’s in Storm Restoration
1. Will my insurance go up if I make a claim to my property? No, it is state law that your insurance cannot go up due to a claim you have made that was caused by an act of nature.
2. Should I get bids? Insurance companies use a system called Xactimate. This software system gives them up to date knowledge on the going rates for material and labor. We have in house experts that use the same Xactimate system to help speed up your claim and ensure nothing is missed. The only way to receive a bid lower than the listed Xactimate amount is if a construction company cuts corners on products or labor quality to give something below market value. You are required to give a final invoice from the contracting company you are working with, and they will pay on that contract’s final amount. Here is a sample of an xactimate generation.
3. Can I Profit from an Insurance Claim? No, you can’t. Insurance companies have put many measures in place to make sure that you don’t. Outside of the fact that it is illegal, you will also find it impossible unless your contractor is willing to write a phony final bid that doesn’t match their initial bid. Some people will see their insurance company is paying $12,000 for a roof and think by getting multiple bids they will be able to keep the difference. What actually happens is that they insurance company will ask to see the final bid. If it is $10,000 instead of the initial estimate for $12,000, they will send you out the final check to be equal to that final bid. You will save the insurance company $2,000, and yourself nothing. Also, in order to undercut your initial bid you may have had your home repaired with substandard product or inadequate labor quality. Instead of risking you’re the quality of home repair to help your insurance company’s bottom line, put your own interests first by understanding the process and using a trusted construction company.
4. If I have been denied before will I be able to make another claim? We often pick up old claims and fix the work of other construction companies not properly educated on storm forensics. You can open a claim for another inspection at any time. First, have one of our educated staff out to review your possible claim to be sure that you making a claim on actual damage. Each year we help people open old claims and successfully get them approved after being previously denied.
5. Can I reopen a claim on damaged missed? Yes! We do this all the time. We often find that companies are only willing to replace the roof and siding. They often miss the windows! We have helped hundreds of people in this very situation. This usually happens because the company does not have a window program. Windows can be a very intimidating business to get in due to all the product knowledge that is needed to get the job done right. Our staff is well educated and experienced in helping you to open your old claim in order to thoroughly inspect your windows. Best of all, we are so good at windows that we have earned an exclusive deal with the industry’s most efficient, healthiest, and strongest window on the market. No one can compare to our window. Guaranteed!
There are a lot of companies claiming to be experts in storm restoration, when in reality they may only be an expert in one of many fields required to properly take care of a claim. Most companies are not experts in storm restoration and have limited knowledge. They will usually play the numbers game and file as many claims possible in hopes of getting a job approved. They may take care of your roof, but forget about your windows and siding. We are highly trained with the most experienced staff in the metro to give you the best results with your claim. LET OUR GREAT WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES WORK TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.
These photos show siding and roofs with wind and hail damage. Keep in mind that every situation is different, and we have been able to get roofs approved with even less damage than this. Every situation is different. What Damage Looks Like.
Siding damage from both Wind and Hail Window damage from hail. If your windows fog when it rains there is a good chance that they were damaged in a previous storm. Our free no obligation inspection could safe you thousands.