Hiring a Roofing Contractor Checklist
The roof is one of the important parts of your house. It will provide you with the protection you need for all types of weathers. One of the most popular kinds of home roofing is steel roofing. A lot of homeowners and roofing contractors have recognized the advantages of using it. Although you might have already decided on what kind of material to use for your roofing, you still need to find a contractor that can do the job you require for it.
You don’t just have to settle for the first contractor firm you see in town. Take time to look around and check for qualifications that you are looking for. In order for you to save time, make sure to make a checklist first of the qualities that you want your contractor to possess.
There might be a lot of contractor firms in town, but there might just be a few who are competent and whose skills are well acknowledged. Meeting up with a few of your chosen contractors and discussing with them the job that you need them to do is one way of knowing whether they are skilled or not. These contractors take pride in their skills and work so they should be able to give you a good estimate of the work that needs to be done.
Hiring a roofing contractor checklist
Check their credentials:
• Is the contractor licensed, bonded, and insured? (Ask to see their certificates).
• Do they have workman’s compensation and general liability insurance?
• MAKE SURE THE CONTRACTOR IS CERTIFIED WITH THE PRODUCT THEY ARE INSTALLING!
• Certification affects the quality of warranty you will receive.
• A certified contractor can offer extended warranties on roofing and workmanship.
• Are they members of business accountability groups like the BBB or Angie’s list where you can check their ratings.
How long have they been in business:
• Statistically 80% of new roofing businesses will be closed within the first 2 years, and many more after 5 years.
• Please make sure the contractor has a stable history.
• Has the company been in business more than 5 years “with the same name”?
• (It is common for an “at risk” roofing company to open up multiple businesses under a different name after abusing the market and homeowners.)
Do they have stability and permanence?
• Company has a physical business office and address.
• Reference Check (yes, you should check references, both personal references and online. (review sources like yelp, Google places, BBB and Angies List)
• Positive prior & current references from at least 5 re-roof customers.
What type of industry experience do they have?
• Specializes in the type roofing work you want performed.
• Has been in the commercial or residential roofing industry for multiple years.
• Had employees that are experienced in your specific roofing installation type.
Have they clearly detailed the scope of work and price of the project?
• The contractor should provide you with a detailed description of the scope of work.
• The roofing contractor will guarantee the work they are performing.
• Does the contractor understand your needs and desires for the project?
• The lowest price is not always a good indication of the safest choice or best value, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
• NEVER IGNORE YOUR GUT FEELING, IF SOMETHING FEELS REALLY WRONG, IT PROBABLY IS.
You can also ask some of your neighbors who have steel roofing and ask some referrals about local roofing contractors who did their roof. Local contractors’ labor costs would be cheaper compared to when hiring those who are out of town.
Your contractor should be able to maximize the budget that you set for the job. He should also be able to make better recommendations on what’s best for you and for the roofing job. Quality materials are needed and so is the skill that needs to do the job. You can tell how experienced the contractor is by the length of time he has been doing his job and also by the looks of how his job was done in his past projects.
One most important thing to check for hiring a roofing contractor checklist is by knowing that they have completed the job they were hired for in the past. It would be problematic if you hire someone who is incapable of finishing the job and ends up handing it to another contractor. So carefully choose someone whom you can rely and trust the roofing job for your house.
Always make sure that the contracting firm has license to do the job. Business address and an establishment name are one of the important aspects of a roofing contractor that you need to know. A good contractor should also abide by the state rules and regulations when it comes to this kind of business. Aside from hiring the best you also get to use the best quality of steel roofing for your home.
Browse here to get more information on Water Damage Restoration Minneapolis.
For further information visit our similar links:-
roofing contractor minneapolis mn, residential roofing minneapolis, minneapolis mn roofing,minneapolis roofers, roofing company minneapolis mn, replacement windows mn, window installation minneapolis mn, window replacement mn, Window Replacement Contractor mn, window glass replacement minneapolis